The University of Iowa has a long and exciting history. This year, we’re celebrating 90 Years of Kinnick (Iowa) Stadium and all of the traditions that take place inside.
In collaboration with CoralVision, FRYfest will be producing a documentary featuring unique and interesting Hawkeye memorabilia, collected by fans over the years. These items are symbols of true Hawkeye fans – they are a snapshot of the University of Iowa at a specific time in history. No matter the years that separate them, this historic memorabilia brings fans together as one!
Past items showcased have included:
- Game worn sweatshirt by former Iowa Football Coach, Bob Commings
- Early 1980’s Men’s Basketball road game shorts
- 1997 NCAA Wrestling Championships chair autographed by Dan Gable
- Volume 1, number 5, of January 1951 issue of “Sports Action” comic book
- Ticket stub for Iowa vs. Illinois Homecoming game of October 19, 1929
- 1983 Gator Bowl Football signed by coaching staff and players
- Scorecard of the 1914 Iowa vs. Ames game
- Nile Kinnick Autographed program page from 1939
- 1939 LL Bean Wood Carrier with Notre Dame and Minnesota game scores
Interested in displaying your collection? Contact Ally Stopka at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application and additional information. The application due date is July 13th.