Over the years, Hawkeye fans have collected memorabilia to remember great moments in athletics, preserved for younger generations to see and admire. The Showcase, presented by Concept by Iowa Hearing, will be open from 10am – 3pm.
This event within the “World’s Largest Hawkeye Tradeshow,” brings sports collectibles under one roof for all to enjoy. These items are symbols of being true fans – they are a snapshot of the university at a specific time in history. No matter the years that separate them, this historic memorabilia brings fans together as one!
Past items showcased have included:
- Game worn sweatshirt by former Iowa Football Coach, Bob Commings
- Early 1980’s Men’s Basketball road game shorts
- 1997 NCAA Wrestling Championships chair autographed by Dan Gable
- Volume 1, number 5, of January 1951 issue of “Sports Action” comic book
- Ticket stub for Iowa vs. Illinois Homecoming game of October 19, 1929
- 1983 Gator Bowl Football signed by coaching staff and players
- Scorecard of the 1914 Iowa vs. Ames game
- Nile Kinnick Autographed program page from 1939
- 1939 LL Bean Wood Carrier with Notre Dame and Minnesota game scores
Interested in displaying your collection? Contact Katie Ehlers at email@example.com for an application and additional information. The application due date is July 13th.
Volunteers will be stationed around all memorabilia as a watchful eye.