Over the years, Hawkeye fans have collected memorabilia to remember great moments in athletics, preserved for younger generations to see and admire. The Showcase will be open from 10am – 3pm.
This event within the “World’s Largest Hawkeye Tradeshow,” brings sports collectibles under one roof for all to enjoy. These items are symbols of being true fans – they are a snapshot of the university at a specific time in history. No matter the years that separate them, this historic memorabilia brings fans together as one!
Past items showcased have included:
- Game worn sweatshirt by former Iowa Football Coach, Bob Commings
- Early 1980’s Men’s Basketball road game shorts
- 1997 NCAA Wrestling Championships chair autographed by Dan Gable
- Volume 1, number 5, of January 1951 issue of “Sports Action” comic book
- Ticket stub for Iowa vs. Illinois Homecoming game of October 19, 1929
- 1983 Gator Bowl Football signed by coaching staff and players
- Scorecard of the 1914 Iowa vs. Ames game
- Nile Kinnick Autographed program page from 1939
- 1939 LL Bean Wood Carrier with Notre Dame and Minnesota game scores
Interested in displaying your collection? Contact Rachel Ennen-Bennasi for more information.