This page is presented in an effort to answer all of your FRY fest questions. If you don’t find the answer to your question here, feel free to contact us through the email link or phone number listed in the top navigation bar.
Thanks again for visiting and Go Hawks!
- Where do I park? Is there a shuttle?
- Where can I purchase concert tickets?
- Where can I purchase tickets to the football game?
- Where can I sign up to be an exhibitor at FRY fest?
- Are dogs welcome at the concert?
- Will I be able to purchase a Hotel Package at the tradeshow?
- Are children welcome at the tradeshow?
- Where is the Beverage Garden?
- Are all the activities free?
- If I leave the concert area, can I get back in?
- Can I bring my own food and beverages into the Concert area?
- Will there be Hawkeye merchandise available to buy at the tradeshow?
- Will there be more activities added to this website?
- Where can I go for information on the day of the event?
- Are concert tickets more expensive the week of the event?
- Will there be a cab service available?
- Will the football team be there?
- Will there be space to park bicycles?
- Where can I volunteer?
- When do I have to book a hotel package by?
- Is there a concert refund policy?
- What safety measures are in place for this event?
- Is the tradeshow air conditioned?
- What is the gran GABLE?
- Is there a FRY fest map available?
Where do I park? Is there a shuttle?
Paid Event Parking: Limited $5.00 pre-pay event parking is available at two locations:
- All day, Iowa River Landing north parking ramp and south parking lot adjacent to the Coralville Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Marriott overnight guests will have ramp parking access as usual with designated pass.
- Beginning at 4:00 PM, west parking ramp adjacent to the University of Iowa Health Care building (concert parking only)
Yes, shuttle service is available! Coralville Transit and Cambus provide a continuous loop of free shuttle service to FRY fest at the Iowa River Landing with buses running from downtown Iowa City near the corner of Clinton and Washington Streets. Buses run approximately every 15 minutes from 4:00 PM until 30 minutes after the concert ends. Coolers are not permitted on the shuttle. Open to the public.
Where can I purchase concert tickets?
Tickets can be purchased:
April 25, 2013: Tickets available online only for $10 each (2 ticket min.) through June 14
June 15, 2013 – August 20: Tickets are available online and in person at $15 each
August 21, 2013: Tickets will no longer be available online
August 26, 2013: Ticket price will increase to $20 each
August 30, 2013: Tickets will only be available at the event for $20 each
Ticket locations: Note – credit cards will only be accepted at Coralville City Hall
- Iowa City/Coralville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Coralville City Hall
- Coralville Hy-Vee
- MidWestOne Bank (Iowa City, Coralville & North Liberty locations)
- Iowa Children’s Museum at Coral Ridge Mall
Click here for more ticket details or call the City of Coralville at 319-248-1700 with any questions.
Where can I purchase tickets to the football game?
Tickets for the University of Iowa vs Northern Illinois football game, or any other Hawkeye game, can be purchased by visiting www.hawkeyesports.com..
Where can I sign up to be an exhibitor at FRY fest?
Officially licensed University of Iowa vendors and/or retailers can sign up here on this website. Click here for more information.
Are dogs welcome at the concert?
Yes! Dogs are welcome at the concert, but must be on leash at all times. You are also responsible for cleaning up after your dog. If either of these rules are violated, you may be asked to leave the concert area. This is a family-friendly event and we want everyone to be able to enjoy it, including Fido!
Will I be able to purchase a Hotel Package at the tradeshow?
No. The Limited Edition Hotel Packages are only available though one of the area hotels. Learn more about these various packages by visiting the Hotel Package section of our website.
Are children welcome at the tradeshow?
Not only are they welcomed, they are encouraged to attend. There will be plenty of activities and fun for people of all ages!
Where is the Beverage Garden?
The Beverage Garden will be located within the concert grounds of the Iowa River Landing, just west of the North Ramp.
Are all the activities free?
All activities are free and open to the public with the exception of the concert.
If I leave the concert area, can I get back in?
Yes. Upon admission, you will receive a wristband.
Can I bring my own food and beverages into the Concert area?
No personal coolers will be permitted. A Beverage Garden will be on-site with all proceeds to benefit the Coralville 4thFest Committee. Hy-Vee will also have food available for purchase within the concert grounds.
Will there be Hawkeye merchandise available to buy at the tradeshow?
Yes. Just about everything you have seen or heard about in the world of Hawkeye merchandise will be on display and, in most cases, available for purchase that day!
Will there be more activities added to this website?
Yes. As the event date nears, more and more information and details will be added to the site. You can also keep tabs on us by following us on Facebook at ‘FRY Fest’ and Twitter at @FRYfest. See the top navigation bar of this website for more info.
Where can I go for information on the day of the event?
An information tent will be located on Quarry Road and inside the tradeshow to answer all of your FRY fest and community questions.
Are concert tickets more expensive the week of the event?
Unfortunately, yes. Be sure to get them early though! Two great bands, one VERY low price!
Will there be a cab service available?
Yes, cabs will be on-site after 6:00pm.
Will the football team be there?
No, but the UI Marching Band and Spirit Squad will be, along with student athletes and coaches from just about every other UI sports team.
Will there be space to park bicycles?
Yes! On-site bicycle parking is available at no charge in the front yard of AAA Mechanical in the Iowa River Landing. We strongly encourage traveling this way!
Where can I volunteer?
First off, THANK YOU for your interest in volunteering. There are several areas of FRY fest where we need your help. Click here to register as a FRY fest volunteer.
When do I have to book a hotel package by?
Hotel packages will be available until sold out. Keep in mind that only 500 are available and there are just over 2400 rooms available in the Iowa City/Coralville Area so book early!
Is there a concert refund policy?
No. All concert tickets sales are final.
What safety measures are in place for this event?
The FRY fest Committee takes safety very seriously and is working alongside the Coralville Police Department and other public officials in coordinating all activities.
Is the tradeshow air conditioned?
Sure is. It’s always sunny and 72 inside the Exhibition Hall of the Marriott Hotel & Conference Center.
What is the gran GABLE?
The gran GABLE is a cycling event that is taking place Sunday, September 1, 2013. Click here for more information.
Is there a FRY fest map available?
Yes! View or print the FRY fest Map to see where everything takes place within the Iowa River Landing.